This guide will walk you through how to use FTP FileZilla to upload files to WordPress, ensuring an efficient and effective uploading process for your website.
Table of Contents
Requirements for this Tutorial:
- A computer with an internet connection
- FTP FileZilla software installed on your computer (can be downloaded for free from the official FileZilla website)
- Your WordPress website credentials (username and password)
Step-by-Step Tutorial: How to Use FTP FileZilla to Upload Files to WordPress
- Open FTP FileZilla on your computer and enter the FTP credentials for your WordPress website. These credentials can be obtained from your hosting provider or from the WordPress dashboard.
- Click on the “Quickconnect” button to establish a connection between FTP FileZilla and your WordPress website.
- Once the connection is established, you will see the files and folders of your WordPress website on the right side of the FTP FileZilla interface.
- Navigate to the directory where you want to upload the files within your WordPress website. This could be the “wp-content/uploads” directory for media files or any other relevant folder.
- On the left side of the FTP FileZilla interface, locate the files you want to upload from your local computer.
- Select the files you want to upload and either drag them directly into the FTP FileZilla interface or right-click on the files and choose the “Upload” option.
- The selected files will now be transferred from your local computer to the chosen directory on your WordPress website. The progress of the upload will be displayed in the FTP FileZilla interface.
- Once the upload is complete, you can verify the presence of the uploaded files within the chosen directory on your WordPress website.
By following these steps, you can easily utilize FTP FileZilla to upload files to your WordPress website, providing a convenient and efficient way to manage your website’s media and other files.
I hope this short article has provided you with a helpful guide on how to use FTP FileZilla to upload files to WordPress. For more insightful tips and articles, feel free to explore my other articles.