Installing Node.js on Linux and Mac can be a simple and straightforward process if you follow the right steps. In this article, we will guide you through the installation process of Node.js on both Linux and Mac systems. So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Step by Step
- Visit the official Node.js website.
- Click on the “Downloads” tab.
- Select the recommended version for your operating system (Linux or macOS).
- Choose between the LTS (Long Term Support) or Current release.
- Download the appropriate installer package.
2. Install on Linux:
- Open your terminal.
- Navigate to the directory where the installer package is located.
- Use the following command to extract the package:
- Replace with the actual name of the installer package.
- Navigate to the extracted folder:
- Use the following command to install Node.js:
sudo make install
3. Install on Mac:
- Open the downloaded installer package.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Node.js on your Mac.
- Once the installation is complete, open the Terminal application.
- Verify the installation by running the following command:
- You should see the version number of Node.js if the installation was successful.
In this article, we have provided a step-by-step guide on how to install Node.js on Linux and Mac systems. By following these instructions, you can easily set up Node.js and start developing applications using its powerful features. Remember to download the appropriate version for your operating system and choose between LTS and Current releases based on your requirements. Enjoy using Node.js for your development projects!