Introducing the process of importing MySQL database in phpMyAdmin, this guide will walk you through the steps required to successfully import a database.
Table of Contents
For this tutorial, you need:
- A running instance of phpMyAdmin
- The MySQL database file to be imported (.sql or .zip format)
Step-by-Step Tutorial: How to Import MySQL Database in phpMyAdmin
- Launch the phpMyAdmin web interface by accessing it through your preferred web browser.
- Log into phpMyAdmin with your MySQL username and password.
- Select the database where you want to import your MySQL database.
- Click on the “Import” tab in the navigation menu.
- Choose the file to be imported by either browsing your local file system or specifying a URL.
- Specify the import options such as character set, format, etc. (if required) and click “Go” to start the import process.
- Wait for the import to complete, and you will see a success message once it is done.
I hope this short article has provided you with a helpful guide on how to import a MySQL database in phpMyAdmin. For more insightful tips and articles, feel free to explore my website.