Are you looking to update Local Lightning on your Linux operating system?
Keeping Local Lightning up-to-date with the latest version is essential to enjoy many improvements. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to easily update Local on Linux and keep your WordPress website running smoothly.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Download the Latest Version to update local lightning on Linux
1. To get started, check your current version by selecting the Local menu and clicking “About Local.”
2. Check for updates to make sure that the new update (the latest version, 6.7 as of the creation of this article) is available.
3. Click on the download button in the pop-up window to see all available download links for your operating system.
4. Choose “Download Local as Linux deb” (I use Linux Mint).
Step 2: Install the Latest Version
1. After the download is complete, navigate to the downloaded file in the directory folder and open the terminal there.
2. Enter the command sudo dpkg -i local-6.7.0-linux.deb (replace “local-6.7.0-linux.deb” with the name of the file you downloaded) and hit enter. You will be prompted for the root password.
3. To confirm that Local Lightning has been updated, go back to the Local menu and click “About Local.”
That’s all there is to it! I hope this tutorial has helped you update Local Lightning on your Linux operating system and keep your WordPress website up-to-date.