This guide will walk you through the steps to increase the maximum file upload size in WordPress, allowing you to upload larger files to your website.
Table of Contents
For this tutorial, you need:
- Access to your WordPress website
- Knowledge of how to edit configuration files
- Navigate to the conf/php/php.ini.hbs file in your WordPress installation directory.
- Find the following lines and update the values to your desired limit:
post_max_size = 1000M upload_max_filesize = 1000M memory_limit = 512M
- If you need to increase the maximum file size further, update the
upload_max_filesizeto your desired limit, e.g.,
upload_max_filesize = 3500M.
- Save the changes to the php.ini.hbs file.
- Restart your WordPress website to apply the new settings.
Make sure to adjust the values based on your needs, taking into consideration the server’s capabilities.
I hope this short article has provided you with a helpful guide on how to increase the maximum file upload size in WordPress. By making these changes, you’ll be able to upload larger files to your WordPress website. For more insightful tips and articles, feel free to check out our other articles.