This guide will walk you through the process of creating a table of contents in your WordPress posts or pages. A table of contents helps improve the user experience and allows readers to easily navigate through your content.
Table of Contents
For this tutorial, you need:
- Access to a WordPress website
- Permission to install plugins
Step-by-Step Tutorial to Create a Table of Contents in WordPress Posts or Pages
- Install the Table of Contents Plus plugin:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to “Plugins” and click on “Add New.”
- Search for “Table of Contents Plus.”
- Click on “Install Now” and then “Activate” the plugin.
- Configure the plugin settings:
- In the WordPress dashboard, go to “Settings” and click on “TOC+.”
- Adjust the settings to match your preferences. You can customize the appearance, position, and behavior of the table of contents.
- Automatically add the table of contents to your posts:
- Create or edit a post in WordPress.
- Make sure the post has headings (e.g., H2, H3) you want to include in the table of contents.
- Save or update the post.
- When you check the post content, the table of contents will automatically be added.
Creating a table of contents in WordPress posts or pages enhances the user experience and makes it easier for readers to navigate your content. By following the step-by-step tutorial above, you can quickly add a table of contents to your WordPress website.
Check out my other posts for more helpful WordPress tips and tricks!