Creating an email account in cPanel can be a useful tool for managing your online communication. Whether you need a professional email address for your business or a personal email account, cPanel offers an easy way to create and manage email accounts. This article will guide you through the process, step by step.
Table of Contents
Step by Step
1. Log in to your cPanel account – First, access your cPanel account by entering your domain name followed by ‘/cpanel’. Enter your username and password to log in.
2. Navigate to the Email section – Once you are logged in, scroll down to the Email section and click on the “Email Accounts” icon.
3. Click on “Create” – On the Email Accounts page, you will see a list of your existing email accounts. Click on the “Create” button to add a new email account.
4. Enter the details – In the “Add Email Account” section, enter the desired email address in the “Email” field. Choose a strong password and enter it in the “Password” field. Adjust the mailbox size if needed.
5. Set up additional options – You can set a quota for the mailbox or leave it as “unlimited.” You can also enable forwarding, which will automatically send emails to another account. Optionally, you can enable spam filtering and configure the desired options.
6. Click on “Create Account” – After filling in the necessary information, click on the “Create Account” button to finalize the email account creation process.
Creating an email account in cPanel is a straightforward process that can be accomplished in just a few steps. By following our step-by-step guide, you can effortlessly create a new email account for your personal or business needs. Remember to keep your account details secure and to regularly check and organize your emails for optimal productivity.