Looking to create a custom post type in WordPress using Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)? This guide will walk you through the steps and provide you with a solution to customize the information you want to display on your website.
Create a custom post type in WordPress using ACF to extend the functionality of your website and customize the information displayed.
Table of Contents
Step to Create a Custom Post Type in WordPress using ACF
1. Install and activate the Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
2. Go to the “Custom Fields” tab in your WordPress dashboard and click on “Add New”.
3. Create a new field group by providing a title and selecting the location for the custom post type.
4. Add the desired fields to the field group that will be shown when creating a new custom post type entry.
5. Under the “Post Types” menu, click on “Add New” and provide a title for your custom post type.
6. In the field group assigned to the custom post type, select the fields you want to appear when creating a new entry.
7. Click “Save Post Type” to create the custom post type.
8. Go to the “Posts” menu in WordPress to see your new custom post type listed. Start creating new entries with your custom fields.
By following these 8 steps, you can easily create a custom post type in WordPress using ACF. This allows you to customize the information displayed on your website and extend its functionality.